Manchester Disco Company - Terms Of Service.
1. Full balance payment by the customer (herein called the client) to be paid on the afternoon/evening of the function, prior to the performance. If additional performance time is required, the fee for such time must be agreed beforehand with Manchester Disco Company (herein called the company), and paid to the DJ at that time. All other methods of payment will be by mutual agreement. The availability of the DJ for overtime cannot be guaranteed.
2. Deposit payments agreed with the company are non-refundable and must be received no later than two weeks from the date of the booked function or event. (Unless otherwise agreed). The contract is not binding and booking is not confirmed until signed by the client and the required deposit payment has been received and cleared.
3. No alterations may be made to this booking contract by, either the company or the client without prior approval by, the company or the client.
4. The company reserves the right to substitute a similar DJ in the event of the original DJ being unable to appear for any reason.
5. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the company will not be liable for non-fulfilment of the booking contract by the DJ, although every reasonable precaution will be taken.
6. The client will allow suitable time for the installation and dismantling, and removal of equipment (minimum of one hour). The client also ensures that safe and adequate power is available. The DJ ensures that any equipment that requires connection to a power source is electrically safe and conforms to the relevant health and safety requirements in force at that time, and any amendments thereafter.
7. If the performance start time is delayed due to the inability of the DJ to gain access to the performance area, or any other delay beyond the DJs reasonable control, the company will not be liable for any refund whatsoever.
8. Any re-engagement of the DJ must be transacted through the company, also any enquiry to the DJ in respect of any engagement by guests, customers and, or staff must be transacted through the company. The client, guests, customers and, or staff are however, welcome to attain a business card from the DJ on the afternoon or evening of the booked function or event. Any further information, quotes, or booking enquiries must be transacted through the company.
9. The DJ and their assistants will conduct themselves in a proper manner throughout their attendance at the venue, and will respond to the clients requests as to volume, situating of equipment and, or any other reasonable requests.
10. The client will provide adequate supervision of its guests, including children, at the venue, and will be liable for any loss of or damage to the equipment or personnel belongings, caused by guests attending the function.
11. DJs are to perform in a safe, non-abusive environment. Any mistreatment or abuse of the DJ or anyone accompanying the DJ, in any way will result in the immediate discontinuing of services with full balance still due if applicable.
12. The company is not liable in any way for any injuries that may occur due to the actions of the client and/or any of the client’s guests. This may include, but is not restricted to drunkenness or other forms of intoxication.
13. The client will supply suitable changing facilities where required and supply the DJ with light refreshments and soft drinks if the DJ is to be on site for more than five hours. This time is inclusive of installation, dismantling and removal of equipment.
14. Cancellations of this contract must be in writing. If this contract is cancelled with the company at any time up until the function date, then any deposit payment will be retained by the company. If the cancellation is within fourteen days of the performance then the whole of the agreed fee will be payable to the company.